Radio Frequency Laser Treatment
Radio Frequency treatment is a non-surgical treatment, which can reduce sagging skin problem. The skin is tightened and lifted with reinvigoration to eventually look with healthy glow. Radio frequency treatment has been in practice since 2001 for non-surgical skin tightening treatment, though recognition is gained recently.
Warts when become larger in size make and look embarrassing for anyone especially, when appeared on the body, face and other parts of the body. Warts are caused by the virus called human papillpma and it can be contagious also. If not treated earliest, these warts may also cause itching, pain and sometimes bleeding also. In some women, genital warts may also serve as catalyst and could result in cervical cancer.
Types of Warts
- Common Warts – These are regular warts with skin color one tone darker than the surrounding skin tone. These warts are occurred on toes and fingers usually. These warts can be spread through biting of nails or touching, as it is contagious.
- Periungual – Periungual nails are usually painful, as these are appeared below fingernails and toenails.
- Flat – These warts are yellowish, brownish or pinkish in color and these are appeared mostly on thighs, face and arms. Mostly these warts are not painful or cause discomfort.
- Planar – Planar warts are quite painful, as they appear on the feet soles and these look in the shape of cauliflower.
- Filiform – These warts are grown rapidly and sometimes make embarrassing, as these are erupt close to nose, mouth. These look as the same color of the skin.
The long lasting warts are needed to diagnose. These can be treated through several treatment methods.
- Chemical Peel
The warts can be removed by applying peeling medicines in order to deaden the tissues of the warts. The treatment is continued for a period of several days. The selection of the chemicals, which are also used in different ointments of skin, is done on the basis of their proven ability of offering relief to the complications of warts.
This treatment is done by freezing the abnormal skin cells, which constitute the warts as well as the skin area at the surroundings. It is done to deaden the nerves, which irritate the skin. Cryotherapy is non-invasive, painless and non-intrusive and it is very effective for the skin cancer treatments also.
This treatment involves painting of the affected skin area with cantaridin solution and the skin would be left exposed so that it gets dried for continuous 5 to 7 days. The dead wart would then be scrapped away from the skin surface.
The procedure of excision is a surgical removal process, yet a painless procedure, in a clinical environment. This treatment is quite popular and also less expensive.
- Laser Treatment
Stubborn warts can be removed through laser treatment by removing them layer by layer. The treatment does not cause any wounds, injuries or scars and blood supply is cut off to the warts. These lasers emanate heat and this heat is good enough to treat complicated warts also. A single session is enough usually to remove the warts and sometimes second session may also be required for complicated warts.
This dermatological treatment is performed by applying diphenylcyclopropenone, which is very effective for stubborn warts for removing warts from the skin surface. It is given as an injection and it improves the ability of the body to fight against the diseases of the skin.
- Curettage & Electrosurgery
Curettage treatment involves warts removal through a surgical tool that looks like a spoon and using this the wart is scraped out. The process of electrosurgery involves wart removal through burning the skin with the help of electrical impulses with the help of needle. The wart tissue is finally burnt from the combination of the heat and electric charge.
- Minor Surgery
The surgery treatment is performed after local anaesthesia administration. The process involves surgical instrument for cutting and removing the warts and later the wart tissue is burnt by passing electrical impulses. Surgery is needed for the stubborn warts, which don’t respond to different treatment methods. The process of surgery is painful and may result in discomfort and might cause scarring.
No matter what the treatment is, it is important to choose experienced and expert dermatologist as precaution to ensure that the treatment is safe enough and no side effects would be resulted.
Corns are skin’s thickened and hard areas, which are also known to be hard bumps and usually occur on the feet. Corns are irritating though are not dangerous, as it is only inflamed skin. Corns affect women most likely, rather than men.
Types of Corns
Corns are majorly of two types,
- Seed – Seed corns are occurred and appeared on the foot bottom.
- Soft – Soft corns appear in grey or whitish color and look with rubbery texture. Most commonly these corns occur in between the toes.
- Hard – Hard corns are quite common. These are concentrated and smaller harder skin areas and commonly found in wider thickened skin area.
Medical attention is required, when the signs of infections are shown with the symptoms of infections, like
- Worsening pain
- Drainage or pus
In these cases, doctors’ help is needed and surgery is rarely needed.
- Trimming Excess Skin
Doctors remove most possible dead skin, firstly, with the help of laser or scalpel.
- Medication for Callus-Removing
They may suggest different medications with topical products to break down the skin cells, like urea, hydrocolloid, salicyclic acid, silver nitrate, etc.
- Shoe Inserts
Sometimes surgery may be recommended towards correction of alignment of bone that causes the fiction and result in corns.
In case the corn is overlapping the nerve and pressing it, the corns would be removed surgically in order to reduce the pressure.
Most of the corns can be easily prevented and even at the initial stages.
Skin Tag Removal
Skin tags are tiny eruptions appeared on the skin and sometimes they look very embarrassing, especially, when they appear in wrong places, like neck, hands, face, etc. Skin tag looks in brown color and appear as small and fleshy, protruding from the skin surface.
Doctors recommend for both non-surgical and surgical treatments, usually, on the basis of severity of condition and the location of the tag.
The possible treatment methods possible are,
The protruding skin tag is removed through liquid nitrogen freezing, in this treatment.
The end part of the skin gets tied off so that blood supply is discontinued and then skin tag will be fallen.
- Pixel Laser Surgery
Surgery would be needed, when the size of the skin tag grows about 5 centimeters. Laser surgery is performed either with pixelated beam or flat beam, which transfer the heat to the tissue that protrudes the skin and it causes the tag to die and then is fallen off.
Treatments are performed under local anaesthesia and it is totally painless. Though small discomfort is felt during the laser therapy, it would be for 5 minutes only.
Moles are familiar in medical industry as nevucellular skin occurrence, which surface over different skin layers, because of melanin accumulation excessively. Some large moles may look ugly and sometimes even carry the skin cancer risk. However, some smaller moles in case of female, especially, on cheeks, chin enhance the beauty of the person.
Types of Moles
There are different kinds of moles, according to dermatologists.
- Congenital Navi – Congenital Navi moles are regular and normal moles appearing right after birth in babies. Usually one or more than one moles are found on the body.
- Dermal – Dermal moles are appeared on the upper part of the body. It sometimes contains hairs also and these look ranging from color of flesh to brown.
- Blue Moles – Blue moles are occur in women mostly, especially over neck, head, arms.
- Junctional Moles – These moles are sometimes flat and sometimes flat and look in brown color.
- Sebaceous Moles – Sebaceous moles appear in yellow color with rough texture and these get resulted from oil glands in excessive amount.
- Compound Moles – Compound moles occur for the people having dark brown complexion to tanned. It occurs because of melanocytes, which are in epidermis and dermis, both.
- Atypical or Dysplastic Moles – These moles are occurred because of hereditary reasons. These types of moles belong to some class of moles that get enlarged because of frequent and continuous exposure and they keep recurring. People with white skin and heavy sunlight have more probability to get these moles.
Mole removal is possible with different kinds of treatments, like laser methods, surgical methods, etc.
- Round Excision:
Smaller moles with the size lesser than 1 mm can be removed through round excision procedure, easily, with blade or punch. If the moles are larger in size, tissue expansion is required to remove completely.
The excision treatment is used to cut and remove the mole up to the skin crease line. Then the incision would be closed through surgery and the signs of moles will be almost invisible in a few weeks. This treatment works for the moles that are not stubborn and the results are excellent. And the best part of this treatment is that no scar lines would be present once the treatment is completed.
- Laser Treatment:
Moles removal with laser treatment is ideally for the people with brighter complexion and for the moles that are shallow coupled with lighter pigmentation. The laser treatment is performed by breaking up the mole, pigmentation disorder rectification and erasing the existing imperfections, by applying the laser with higher intensity and lower intensity. Deeper and older moles demand longer and more intense treatments to shallow the moles. Mole removal is taken place by directing and applying impulses in hundreds per second. The best part of this treatment is that damage to the skin because of heat, can be minimized.
- Erbium-YAG Laser:
Laser treatment is performed in different ways and Erbium-YAG laser is the latest technological innovation implemented and applied by several dermatologists. This treatment makes use of erbium medium, which is doped with yttrium aluminium garnet. Lasers used in Er-YAG laser treatment emit the laser beam with the wavelength, which is absorbed by hydroxyapatite and water very strongly and it becomes an ideal tool to cut soft tissues and even bones, depending on the treatment.
Erbium-YAG laser, when used for mole removal treatment, emits infrared light with 2940nm wavelength and it is good enough for breaking the pigments, which get accumulated under skin surface and enlarge the moles.
Erbium-YAG laser treatment sometimes demands more than one sitting and second and third attempts are considered, when the first attempt is well taken and responded by the patient. These laser are also used to treat deep scarring and acne scarring. Apart from Erbium laser, other lasers used for skin treatments are Er: glass lasers and Nd: YAG.
The selection of treatment is dependent on various factors and usually, on the size and intensity of the problem with the large mole.